Re: [Openvpn-users] different settings for just 1 or 2 users

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] different settings for just 1 or 2 users
  • From: "Prasanna Krishnamoorthy" <prasanna79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:42:02 +0530

On 10/26/07, nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx <nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Understood on that point - having "temp" users on my VPN system is
> new and I will be looking at what changes will need to be done to
> ensure the security in the next couple of days. That having been
> said, I need to implement this today so if you know how to do it
> with ccd directives or other, non-firewall methods I'd appreciate
> your insight.
I'd strongly suggest that you run another instance of OpenVPN for
these users. It's easy enough, and this way, you can use the new tun1
interface to firewall them off as necessary.

What OS are you using? Even in windows, you should be able to get some
free firewall sw right? Without a firewall, I'm not sure that anything
you do in OpenVPN will be sufficient protection.
OpenVPN mailing lists