Re: [Openvpn-users] Strange VPN problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Strange VPN problem
  • From: Barry Michels <bmichels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:43:20 -0400

Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Barry Michels <bmichels@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I am having a strange problem with 2.0.9.  I have a routed VPN
>> connection and can ping from/to any pc between networks.  I can even VNC
>> into any machine.  But, RDP fails.  I have the MTU set to 1000 after
>> finding a reference that indicated that may fix the problem.
>>

> I'd suspect MTU only if *established* RDP sessions are breaking.
>
> If you can't even get an RDP session to initialize, it must be
> something else. Does RDP work from the local LAN? Is there a firewall
> on the host you're contacting? Is the RDP service alive and accepting
> connections? Etc etc.
>
> -A

I was having that problem originally and is why I lowered the MTU.  But,
now I'm having the problem of not being able to connect at all to the
RDP port.  As I said earlier, pinging and VNC work.  There is no
firewall turned on.  And, I have full access from the local LAN and
other VPN LAN's in this setup.  Just not between these 2 particular
offices.  What's really strange is other ports working, but not RDP...