[Openvpn-users] named clients?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] named clients?
  • From: Yan Seiner <yan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:09:23 -0700

I have a setup where a large number (large for me, anyway) of clients
connect to my server.

The connections are always point-to-point, single host, so I don't add
any routing info for subnets.

My problem is that the connections don't show up in any of the "normal"
places - ifconfig only shows one tun0 interface.  route also only shows
the subnet routed out tun0.

How do I know who is connected?

The only way I've found is to look up /var/run/openvpn/log, but that's
hardly ideal.

Ideally I'd like to have openvpn update bind so I can address my clients
by name rather than IP...

Thanks,

--Yan

--
  o__

Linux stuff has made big progress over the competition. When things sit and don't start right away, we have a watch, and those poor guys have to settle for an hourglass.