Re: [Openvpn-users] Ethernet bridging on single NIC

In message <cd159c8b0710220834l4c7d4936s2c78b53e899efbc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Ian Archer <ian.archer.am.i@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am a little unclear about what is meant by "appropriate routes".
> How is the client to connect to the server on a dummy address?

By adding an entry to route table of the wireless router.

Ignore what I said about the interface name (dummy0) as that is for Linux,
you could also add the address to server's ethernet interface.

You could also add a route on the client directing traffic for the server
via the router, rather then the apparently more direct route via the VPN. I
would give the server an addition address for this so that the client can
communicate with server via the VPN.

--
OpenPGP key fingerprint: D0A6 F403 9745 CED4 6B3B  94CC 8D74 8FC9 9F7F CFE4