Re: [Openvpn-users] Ralfs Radius Plugin and Multiple Processes

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Ralfs Radius Plugin and Multiple Processes
  • From: Timothy Baldwin <T.E.Baldwin99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:13:13 +0100

In message <471CE38B.3070808@xxxxxxxx>, Colin Ryan <colinr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Likely an answered question but I can't seem to find anything on it.
>
> I notice that when I use the RadiusPlugin and the "plugin" directive in
> the server.conf file that It spawns off 3 or 4 openvpn processes, each
> taking a full memory footprint...

Linux, and I assume FreeBSD, uses a copy-on-write method so not all of the
OpenVPN memory will be copied rather than shared.

Also are you sure you aren't confusing threads with processes? This is
easily done under Linux 2.4 and earlier.

--
OpenPGP key fingerprint: D0A6 F403 9745 CED4 6B3B  94CC 8D74 8FC9 9F7F CFE4