Re: [Openvpn-users] Insufficient key material or header text not found found in file

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Insufficient key material or header text not found found in file
  • From: "Tommy Butler" <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:14:28 -0500

I'd like to thank everyone for all your help on this problem.
Uhm, anybody pick up on the sarcasm there?  Bah!  So much for getting help from the "community".

For the record, and for those who may come across the same problem in the future, the solution to my problem was to use this configuration on the client machines...

client
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx # (ip is masked here)
proto udp
nobind
dev tun
ca ca.crt
cert foo.crt
key foo.key
ping-restart 60
persist-tun
persist-key
ping 10
comp-lzo
verb 4
mute 10

... and this configuration on the server:

port 1194
proto udp
dev tun
ca /etc/openvpn/ssl/keys/ca.crt
cert /etc/openvpn/ssl/keys/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.crt # (ip is masked here)
key /etc/openvpn/ssl/keys/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.key  # This file should be kept secret
dh /etc/openvpn/ssl/keys/dh1024.pem
server 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0
ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt
client-to-client