Re: [Openvpn-users] Ethernet bridging on single NIC

In message <cd159c8b0710191523u57a17127u5d9d4bfa8fd1c78c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Ian Archer <ian.archer.am.i@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Switched to udp to no avail.  I ran tcpdump on my bridge0 interface
> and packets are popping up.
> A little about my network.  I have a computer on a wireless network
> with the address  The wireless router is on a 192.168.1.*/24
> network.  Also on the 192.168.1.*/24 network is my other computer,
> which is acting as VPN server, with address  Both
> networks feature a DHCP server.

Give the VPN server an address on a different subnet (eg by using the
interface dummy0), set up appropriate routes, and use that in the client's
config file.

> The client successfully connects to the server, receives the address
>, after which the connection to the server is lost (HOST
> is down).

You have the VPN routed over itself.

OpenPGP key fingerprint: D0A6 F403 9745 CED4 6B3B  94CC 8D74 8FC9 9F7F CFE4

Openvpn-users mailing list