Re: [Openvpn-users] Ethernet bridging on single NIC

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Ethernet bridging on single NIC
  • From: Martin Lanner <mlanner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:23:19 -0700

I had a similar problem when installing OpenVPN on a Linux box once. I had
all the correct up and down scripts in place. The TAP interface came up
fine. I could connect to the VPN fine and the connection persisted. But, I
couldn't go anywhere beyond that stage. I couldn't even ping the address of
the VPN TAP adapter. I found it VERY strange. I troubleshot routes, push
directives, everything ... I thought.

I finally realized I had the wrong permissions on the up-down init script
that created the TAP adapter. Changing it to the correct permissions fixed
my problem right away. I'm not sure if it works the same way on BSD, but I'm
guessing that's the case. Check it out. It might be worth a try.

Rgds /// Martin

Openvpn-users mailing list