Re: [Openvpn-users] tcp and udp

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] tcp and udp
  • From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:08:03 +0200

Hi

> > I also tried to run two instances of openvpn, one for tcp and udp
> > each. However I NEED to get the same IP independant of which way
> > I connect and I did not find a way to do that.

> This is covered on the howto.  Check client-config-dir on the manpage.

I am using client-config-dir and I get the same IP.
But this does not work, when I have 2 openvpns running, one with udp, one
with tcp.

The first instance starting up creates a route to the subnet to it's tun
device.
The other instance sometimes also creates a route, but that is obviously
never matched.

Regards,
  Steffen