Re: [Openvpn-users] Port Forwarding / NAT / Routing

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Port Forwarding / NAT / Routing
  • From: "Allan Swanepoel" <allan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:00:49 +0200

in the server.conf file, enable redirect-gateway.
Now all clients' default gateway is the vpn server <10.10.10.1>

On 10/17/07, Aminuddin <amin.scg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I'm having a major headache trying to do the following:

1. Provide a port forwarding of various ports from vpn clients using PF.
2. Provide services such as www, smtp etc.. for different vpn clients

My VPN Server is also running PF and internet gateway. Everyone will connect
to the VPN server using tun configuration and will be assigned with
10.10.10.0/24 ip pool and traffic are routed to the vpn server using the
redirect-gateway.

Using socks or NAT, vpn clients are able to browse and do whatever TO the
internet but none of them can provide services / listening FROM the
internet. Say if I have 4 of the clients wanting to have their own personal
www services, how do I automatically map the dynamic IP (tun) and www ports
to the PF in *BSD?

Is there any rules in PF that will allow OpenVPN users/clients without
natting the IP address but still allow them access (route all traffic) to
the VPN tunnel?

Do you need to add or enable NAT in the vpn server to route traffic from the
clients?

Thanks

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.
Lou Holtz

Allan Swanepoel
allan@xxxxxxxxxx
allan.swanepoel@xxxxxxxx