[Openvpn-users] restrict connections to specific hardware

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] restrict connections to specific hardware
  • From: Akolinare <akolinare@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:43:42 +0200

Hello,

I want to prevent that my users can install openvpn and simply copy the configuration files to any "hardware". So they are able to connect from any PC to the network. I want to restrict them to a specific hardware. I search the mailing list and the documentation, but I was not able to find a topic about this..

If there is a chance to check if the system belongs to a certain windows domain? This would be a adequate verification.

I have a look at the MAC adresses of the clients. In principle a list of the TAP32 MAC adresses could create a set of iptables rules only accept the known MAC adresses. I thought to remember that the MAC adress of TAP32 device could change under certain conditions. If the MAC adress of the TAP device change from time to time it would be no option. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Have anybody already experience in restricting clients to "hardware"? I would be thankful for any help.

best regards