[Openvpn-users] OpenvpN Performance - MSS issue maybe?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenvpN Performance - MSS issue maybe?
  • From: "Jeff -" <unix_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:21:06 -0700

I have experienced very poor performance with OpenVPN so far.  Here's what I'm seeing now.  I'm in tun mode.

Essentially I loose my connection periodically, or so it seems.  It'll work perfectly fine but then I won't be able to ping anything at all.  I turned up the verb and when I
"loose" connection it'll show me writing to the TUN and shows that it tries to read from the TUN but isn't receiving anything.

I've noticed that it seems to do this after I see a MSS message in the log, something like:   MSS: 1368 -> 718

On my client side I've used the "mssfix" option and reduced the number.  The lower the number the better it seems to work, ie.  less frequently does the MSS appear
and the apparent "connection loss".   But I'm already down to 800 and it still happens.

After a "connection loss", a few minutes or so later the logs show that the connection eventually resets itself.

I can put my entire settings if required, but is anyone else experiencing similar problems??

=
Discount Scrubs & Uniform
Nursing & Medical Scrub Uniforms, Major Brands At Everday Low Prices.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=20e57d1f0b51ecadf50498a03a5f8aca