Re: [Openvpn-users] Client Lan Addressing

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Client Lan Addressing
  • From: Colin Ryan <colinr@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:48:32 -0400

OpenVPN will put the "priority" of the routes for the remote network
higher than the local. However this will still cause issues in two cases.

a) The remote IP address is exactly the IP address of the local client
(no solution).
b) The remote networks default gateway is the same as the local.

The only solution I've found for b) is to a) push down host routes only,
i.e. if you only have a few remote machines you want to access push the
host route down instead of network route i.e. instead of pushing
"192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0" push "192.168.1.23 255.255.255.255" or
change your default route remotely to something no likely encountered,
i.e 192.168.1.124 or something.