Re: [Openvpn-users] vpn ip adresses that are public

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] vpn ip adresses that are public
  • From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:04:04 +0200

Hi

I have backported openvpn2.1-rc4 to debian etch and that works for me.
Finally I got the connection, based on Maximilian Wilhelm's [heavily modified]
configuration. (THANKS)

However, there are some questions left:

1. Is there a way to configure openvpn to accept UDP and TCP connections for
the same IP pool?
(Such as "proto both", using UDP for UDP clients and TCP for TCP clients)

2. Is there a way to configure IPs based the the certificate used to connect?
(client1 should always get the same Ip..)

3. What is the second IP of "ifconfig" in mode "dev tun" used for? The first
is the server IP, the client ips are taken from the pool...

4. Is there a way to restrict access so certain certificates instead of any
certifiacte of a certain CA?

Regards,
  Steffen