[Openvpn-users] AIM Client Not Working POST #2

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] AIM Client Not Working POST #2
  • From: "Sage Statham" <it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:31:22 -0700 (PDT)

In the VPN server log I am seeing the error message:
MULTI: bad source address from client [], packet dropped

 It appears that this only happens for chat data. http, ftp, email seem fine.

 When I do a tcpdump from the client machine the source IP for the chat
packet is on the and all other traffic shows up on the correct IP.

 Since I don't know what the client network is going to be I can't route
the traffic back to them.

 I am using the server config:
 push "redirect-gateway def1"

 I can see the routes are being added:
 Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif
Expire 0/1                 UGSc        5       13
tun0 128.0/1             UGSc        1        3   tun0

 When I run a tcpdump I see the wrong source address: > a.ad.5446.static.theplanet.com.http >

 How can I get around this?

Openvpn-users mailing list