Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN over SSH

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN over SSH
  • From: "Prasanna Krishnamoorthy" <prasanna79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:08:01 +0530

On 10/11/07, Hamish Allan <hamish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is this possible? Do I have to use "dev tap" rather than "dev tun"?
> Should I disable the SSL layer either way if it's to be SSH-encrypted
> anyway?
You need to use OpenVPN in TCP mode for this and tunnel OpenVPN over
SSH. But this would be an EXTREMELY cumbersome setup. TCP over TCP
over TCP will probably kill something.

If you own the Linux machine, why not run OpenVPN on it directly? Or
forward a port and run it?

dev tap/tun have nothing to do with this.
OpenVPN mailing lists