Re: [Openvpn-users] Maximizing NetBIOS Performance

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Maximizing NetBIOS Performance
  • From: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:22:51 -0700

Henric Rosvall wrote:

> So it seems that the NetBIOS-protocol limits the amount of connections
> to one, and the added amount of transfer-threads maximizes the
> performance of that single connection. So my four threads have to share
> that single NetBIOS-connection, resulting in a stunted performance. At
> least that's my enterpertation of the problem. I know this might not be
> all that OpenVPN-related, but any hints on how to boost
> NetBIOS-performance by beeing able to make more than one connection (or
> some other optimization), would be greatly appreciated. I know for a

Put the most recent Win32 version of Apache on the machine that's
serving the files, make it listen to a different port if there's a web
server there already, point Apache's web root to the "shared" directory.
You can even password-protect it in Apache if you want.
Presto, fast and reliable file sharing over HTTP.

NetBIOS - just say no.

--
Florin Andrei