[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN over SSH

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN over SSH
  • From: "Hamish Allan" <hamish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:49:46 +0100

Please forgive me if this question is answered elsewhere, but I have
not yet been able to find a solution for the following scenario.

I'm looking to use OpenVPN over SSH to access our LAN at work. I have
SSH access to a machine running Linux visible from the outside world,
from which I can SSH to various other machines running OS X. The LAN
is a class B subnet with public addresses, i.e. each machine on the
subnet has a unique address which would be publicly addressable were
it not for the firewall. I'd prefer to be able to address them
directly in this way rather than have them appear on a private subnet.

Is this possible? Do I have to use "dev tap" rather than "dev tun"?
Should I disable the SSL layer either way if it's to be SSH-encrypted
OpenVPN mailing lists