[Openvpn-users] vpn ip adresses that are public

I want to set up a OpenVPN server (using linux) that allows
"roadwarriors" (mostly using MS Windows) to connect to a LAN with an ip
range that is public, say

I have some general question:

1. It is possible to use IP-adresses of the public ip pool for the vpn
users, let's say In the documentation I
always see non public ip adresses like 10.* and so on?

2. It is possible to redistribute the whole set of DHCP-information
(ip-address, subnetmask, DNS-server, gateway) out of the LAN to the
roadwarrier? Reading the howto it seems that only DNS- and WINS-server
is possible?

3. Let's say a road warrier has got an internet connection like cable
modem or DSL and he gets from his provider or the provider's router an
ip address. He then uses OpenVPN to connect the the OpenVPN-Server an
gets an ip address like Only the traffic to the LAN
( should go through the vpn. Is this routing possible on
the windows client? I could not get this working mostly because I could
not set the gateway for the vpn connection.
OpenVPN mailing lists