Re: [Openvpn-users] etoken with openvpn 2.1 rc4 on windows

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] etoken with openvpn 2.1 rc4 on windows
  • From: jamona perez <jamon_perez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:16:05 +0200

Thanks for your answer,
sadly enough this does not seems to work.
I've set
reneg-sec 300
on both client and server and it does not change anything
(been running without the token for 30 minutes now)
nevertheless I'll continue testing to see if the timer is not 3600
despite specifed where it should.

> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:02:51 +0200
> From: karlsen-masur@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] etoken with openvpn 2.1 rc4 on windows
>
> Hi,
>
> jamona perez wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've another question for you, estimated list members.
> > I've set up openvpn 2.1 RC 4 to work on windows
> > with an aladdin etoken using the crytoapi setting.
> > the only thing is, when I remove the token from its usb slot,
> > the tunnel stays open and functionnal. Is it a bug or is there a setting
> > that I should change ?
>
> in my tests I used
>
> reneg-sec 120
>
> on the client side config to enforce the re-usage of the crypto token
> (renegotiation of the session key) every 120 seconds.
>
> There was a note in the documentation <http://openvpn.net/man-beta.html> of
> that option that there is a server and client side default of 3600 seconds.
> The minimum of both values is used.
>
> There are also two other reneg-* parameters depending on number of packets
> or kB send through the tunnel.
> --
> Beste Gruesse / Kind Regards
>
> Reimer Karlsen-Masur
>
> DFN-PKI FAQ: https://www.pki.dfn.de/faqpki
> --
> Dipl.-Inform. Reimer Karlsen-Masur (PKI Team), Phone +49 40 808077-615
>
> DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de, Phone +49 40 808077-555
> Sitz / Register: Hamburg, AG Hamburg, HRB 88805, Ust-IdNr.: DE 232129737
> Heidenkampsweg 41, 20097 Hamburg/Germany, CEO: Dr. Klaus-Peter Kossakowski

Besoin d'un e-mail ? Créez gratuitement un compte Windows Live Hotmail et bénéficiez d'un filtre antispam gratuit ! Windows Live Hotmail