[Openvpn-users] openvpn log file fills up disk with verb=1

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] openvpn log file fills up disk with verb=1
  • From: Anthony Wright <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:23:23 +0100

I have an openvpn network set up, where clients are unable to connect to
the server for long periods. The clients are configured so that when the
connection is available the connect, and when the connection is not
available they sit there regularly trying to connect until the
underlying connection becomes available.

In the clients's config file I have the two settings

Despite this when there is no connectivity available openvpn generates a
huge number of entries in the log file and frequently fills up the
client disks.

I would *really* like openvpn to generate fewer messages. Is there any
other solution other than setting verb=0 as I'd like at least a small
amount of logging to happen?

OpenVPN mailing lists