Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN client on Vista

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN client on Vista
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:16:28 +0100

On 10/2/07, Paul Harlow <pharlow@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Apologies, I failed to mention that yes I am an administrator. Domain
> administrator to be exact so permissions should not be an issue however I
> run into permission issues all the time with Vista.

What does your client config file look like?

I'm running the OpenVPN client (GUI install) on Vista and it connects
just fine to 3 different OpenVPN servers, so it's certainly possible.

The errors do suggest that the tool wasn't run with the "Run as
administrator" option.  If I do that for the GUI tool then adding
routes work, if I just run it as an Administrator account then it
doesn't.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.