Re: [Openvpn-users] [opensc-user] DLL hell: libssleay.dll ...

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] [opensc-user] DLL hell: libssleay.dll ...
  • From: "Reimer Karlsen-Masur, DFN-CERT" <karlsen-masur@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:11:00 +0200

Hi Andreas,

I forwarded your mail to the OpenVPN Users list...so hopefully this will be
tackled some how.

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> Thanks for your email. we could need lots of help with our windows installer -
> I'm creating those files, but I don't have a windows machine myself, and few
> possibilities to maintain and test them.
>
> the linking chain is openvpn - openssl - engine_pkcs11 - libp11 -
> opensc-pkcs11 - libopensc -  openssl and both copies of openssl
> in this chain have to be exactly the same ones.

I was thinking of some - hm - workaround:

If OpenSC Windows SmartCard Bundle (SCB) would be *statically* linked to its
openssl libs would this help?

So like with other software packages (ImageMagick comes to my mind) it would
be necessary to provide a dynamically *and* a statically linked version of
SCB installer. And depending on the "upper" layer in this case OpenVPN
utilizing OpenSC the user needs to decide if he needs statically or the
dynamically linked version of SCB.

Just a thought. If you build a statically linked SCB installer based on the
latest version of OpenSC I can give it a whirl and report back.

> so this problem can only be solved with one person creating an installer
> for both. but I'm not even a windows user, nor an openvpn user, so I don't
> think it will work out great if I try - also I don't have much time for this.
>
> but if anyone wants to give it a try, I will try to help as good as possible.

Unfortunately I don't do development....

--
Beste Gruesse / Kind Regards

Reimer Karlsen-Masur

DFN-PKI FAQ: https://www.pki.dfn.de/faqpki
--
Dipl.-Inform. Reimer Karlsen-Masur (PKI Team),   Phone   +49 40 808077-615

DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de,  Phone  +49 40 808077-555
Sitz / Register: Hamburg, AG Hamburg, HRB 88805,  Ust-IdNr.:  DE 232129737
Heidenkampsweg 41, 20097 Hamburg/Germany, CEO: Dr. Klaus-Peter Kossakowski