[Openvpn-users] Is it possible? -- client delete/remove pushed route from server

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Is it possible? -- client delete/remove pushed route from server
  • From: Matthew Haas <wedge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:16:02 -0400

Good afternoon,

  I have a functioning OpenVPN setup that I've been utilizing to connect
a few remote locations together. I am using routing, NOT bridging.
OpenVPN 2.0.9 on Debian Etch systems.

  My question arises from the connection of one of these locations-- I
can get on the VPN ok, but the problem is that I am experiencing a
problem with a duplicate subnet (ie a location on the VPN uses this
subnet, but the real network at one of the locations also uses it).

  Due to the circumstances surrounding this, I can actually get by
without that duplicated route, so I am interested in seeing if there is
a way I might be able to delete a pushed route from the server.

  In the logs I see the route pushed.. it is pushed to all connecting
clients.. and 99% of the time this is exactly the behavior I want. But..
is there a way that, upon connecting to the VPN, a specific route can
then be dropped?

  I don't mind if I have to put it in an "up" script.. but I've searched
google, the OpenVPN FAQ, and nowhere have I found any clues that would
lead me in the general direction of what I am seeking.

  Any pointers/advice would be helpful.

OpenVPN mailing lists