[Openvpn-users] Linux DHCP client via bridge

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Linux DHCP client via bridge
  • From: "Daniel L. Miller" <dmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:42:30 -0700

I'm used to configuring Windoze clients for OpenVPN - but now I need to
configure a Linux box.  This is a bridged configuration, with a separate
DHCP server located within the VPN server's LAN.  The Windows clients
Just Work - but there must be some additional tweaking needed for
Linux.  Manually starting OpenVPN, followed by a manual invocation of
dhclient3 - works flawlessly.  Placing "up dhclient3 tap0" has yielded
less than success.

What am I missing?

Openvpn-users mailing list