[Openvpn-users] Mac OSX 10.4 issues

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Mac OSX 10.4 issues
  • From: "Jorge Sarmiento" <jorge.sarmiento@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:51:26 -0500

Hello,

I have configured OpenVPN on Linux (Gentoo with kernel 2.6.22) to run
as a bridge.
Clients connect to the OpenVPN tap interface and our network DHCP
server (running on the same machine with OpenVPN) gives the clients an
IP address.

When I connect from a windows machine I have no trouble, but with a
client using Mac OSX 10.4 I am having the following problems:

1. I have to force the tap0 interface to get the ip via DHCP using
command line ( ipconfig set tap0 DHCP ).
How do I configure Mac OSX to get the ip address automatically without
having to type the command in the console?

2. The tap0 mac address changes everytime I reconnect, that is a HUGE
problem because I can't give the client the same ip everytime it
connects.
Is there any way to make the tap interface uses an static MAC?

thanks in advance for your help,