[Openvpn-users] Banner text and OpenVPN GUI for Windows

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Banner text and OpenVPN GUI for Windows
  • From: "Jon Spriggs" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:55:47 +0100

Hi all,

I'm implementing OpenVPN between a Windows PC and a Linux Server and I'm using the OpenVPN GUI for Windows.

I'd like to make it so that when you establish your connection to the Linux Server, you get some lines saying "This is a private system. Authorized Access Only" (or similar)...

I thought you could use the echo command to do it, but in my server's config (it's running as a TCP Server), I've tried to put an echo statement, both with and without quotes and a push "echo text" and neither have worked... is this possible?

Also, I get this line:

IMPORTANT: OpenVPN's default port number is now 1194, based on an official port number assignment by IANA.  OpenVPN 2.0-beta16 and earlier used 5000 as the default port.

Is there any way to turn this off?

Many thanks,

--
Jon Spriggs LPIC-1 Certified
hackerkey.com://v4sw6BHUhw5ln3pr5$ck4ma3u7L$w5TUX$m5l7ADFKLRSU$i852Ne5t5BGRSb8AGKMOPTen6a2Xs0Ir5p-2.88/0g5CMT