Re: [Openvpn-users] How to reduce CPU usage / no certificate login?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] How to reduce CPU usage / no certificate login?
  • From: "Aminuddin" <amin.scg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:01:24 +0800

I'm using a few Intel C2D 6300 and each server can only serve about 90 users
ina 24X7 operations transmitting a total of 60mbit/sec (upload and download,
which is only 30% of total bandwidth available.

CPU usage varies from 60-90% and if I put 10 more users, server will
randomly crash.

Is there any option in the server or client config that I can use to reduce
the CPU usage?  Currently using certificates as authentication, will it
reduce the load if use login without certificate?

And for the next question, if login is without cert, how do we control that
the login of the same username is limited to a single session only? Meaning
a user cannot use the same ID to login to server at the same time. Is there
any option in the config file to enable this?

Openvpn-users mailing list