Re: [Openvpn-users] howto set up openvpn with user & pass authentication

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] howto set up openvpn with user & pass authentication
  • From: Maximilian Wilhelm <max@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:36:30 +0200

Am Sunday, den 23 September hub Gregory Machin folgendes in die Tasten:

> Any idea where i can find a howto on setting up username and password
> authentication for client connection .. I want this for road worriors
> ... All i have found is a couple of explanation, but no complete
> working howto.

Put this to your server config:
  auth-user-pass-verify /etc/openvpn/vpnauth.sh via-env

In vpnauth.sh you can access the username and password via $username
and $password variables and check if they are valid or not.
If valid 'exit 0', if not valid 'exit 1'

Put this into the client config:

If you want to automate client auth, you can specify a file after
'auth-user-pass' in which you put the username and password each on
one line.
OpenVPN mailing lists