Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN-Workshop

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN-Workshop
  • From: Marco Fretz <mailinglist@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:17:41 +0200

i think so too. u should use a virtualized environment for each
participant (clients + server).

as klaus allready mentioned everyone can test and play independent of
others and noone have to wait for others to finish a specific taks
needed by the other members of the workshop.

- use linux where possible
- use xen (performance), use small diskfiles
- may provide dvd-burner or fast network so they can burn / download the
virutal environment and take it home :)
- people can bring their notebook if they want to use / test windows too
(provide a swtich with vlans to each participants server network).

you have the choice to use same networks / subnets in each virutal
environment. this will help u to bring up a clear documentation that
fits for everyone but may cause problems if u want to interconnect the
virtual vpn servers. its on u.

do u allready have any program points for the workshop? my idea was to
hold a presentation about openvpn at the next LUGV linux day.... but i
dont know exactly the topics =)

marco