[Openvpn-users] Open VPN NTLM Authentication through Squid proxy?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Open VPN NTLM Authentication through Squid proxy?
  • From: Heather Lockridge <heathlock_1997@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

I found the following thread:

http://openvpn.net/archive/openvpn-devel/2006-04/msg00001.html

discussing why OpenVPN ntlm proxy authentication won't work through a squid proxy.

I have tested it here on our setup and it does not work.  I know that the ntlm_auth does work properly on this proxy as users of IE can browse with it OK.  Here is a log snippet from the Squid access log:

1190394719.490     63 192.168.34.250 TCP_MISS/200 636 GET http://ads.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_mail/160x540_generic_bubble_btm.gif OUR_DOMAIN\HEATHL DIRECT/72.247.147.34 image/gif

Is there any chance this this type of auth will work with this type of proxy server will work soon?

It would be nice for it to work.

Thanks,

Heather