Re: [Openvpn-users] /etc/init.d/openvpn does not work, manual is OK

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] /etc/init.d/openvpn does not work, manual is OK
  • From: "David Balazic" <David.Balazic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:51:47 +0200

OK, solved.

What happened was, that the network was not set up correctly at the time when openvpn was started.

I appears the DHCP on ethernet is really slow.

So I removed the /etc/rc2.d/S??openvpn file and set up the /etc/network/if-up.d/openvpn file (it was
already there, I just added a few lines) :

#!/bin/sh
if [  "$IFACE" == lo ]; then
  exit 0
# I added this check to not run 2 copies of ovpn , one for lo and one for eth1
# the first (lo) would then hang there and the second would fail as the first
# holds the 1194 port
fi

OPENVPN=/etc/init.d/openvpn
# I added this to define the config name : /etc/openvpn/gamma.conf
IF_OPENVPN=gamma

if [ ! -x $OPENVPN ]; then
  exit 0
fi