Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and NTOP monitoring

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and NTOP monitoring
  • From: "Prasanna Krishnamoorthy" <prasanna79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:34:06 +0530

On 9/19/07, James Tan <jameztcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> am interested in  the 'OpenVPN gateway' being able to monitor traffic of the
> individual tunnels created. The one I am having is only able to capture the
> overall interface of the gateway but not the individual tunneled clients.

You need to remove 'client-client' from the server, and force all
traffic through the tun interface, into linux. (you'll then need to
have rpfilter disabled)

Then ntop can monitor the traffic on that interface. Otherwise, the
traffic between tunneled clients, will be handled silently by openVPN.

Prasanna.