[Openvpn-users] statistic data from the daemon

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] statistic data from the daemon
  • From: Josef Vavra <jv@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 00:12:45 +0200

I am trying to get some statistical data about connections. Above all
I am interested in when a connection was established, when the connection
ended and how much data has been transfered. I can gain the beginning
and the end (inactivity timeout) of the connection from the daemon
logfile with some effort, but no information about data transfered.

The SIGUSR2 signal gives all information I need about all established
connections, so it looks like the solution for the first sight.
But sending SIGUSR2 signal to the daemon every certain period
just to get the data to the logfile seems primitive to me.

Does anybody have any idea how to get the above mentioned data?
Something like to trigger the SIGUSR2 signal when Inactivity timeout
is reached? Calling the SIGUSR2 in the --client-disconnect script
does not work as at the time the script is called the session is over
already and no info about it is sent to the status.

OpenVPN mailing lists