Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn client on freebsd

Does it work if started manually ?

From: openvpn-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Harry Doyle
Sent: Thu 13-Sep-07 17:46
To: openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn client on freebsd

ok i am able to access my server now, but openvpn doesn't seem to work. i have added some lines to rc.conf to start it, and i have created a /usr/local/etc/openvpn directory and indicated its existence in rc.conf.

i have generated my client.conf file, and i'm using the same crt files i use on my windows clients. i have generated the other key/crt files for this computer using pkitool on the server. so i think my stuff in /usr/local/etc/openvpn is ok. and i also have a startup file in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/openvpn.sh

so i think it should start up, but nothing happens. i tail /var/log/messags but there is no info. ifconfig doesn't show any tun device either (like it does on the linux server).

i am using tun device, which i think is already in my stock freebsd kernel.

i think it must be something small i'm missing. what do i need to provide you guys to figure out what's wrong?

just to be clear, i am only trying to use this machine as a client.

thanks for your help,
harry