[Openvpn-users] Works on Windows but not Ubuntu or Nokia N800 (Debian-based ) Linux

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Works on Windows but not Ubuntu or Nokia N800 (Debian-based ) Linux
  • From: mfresh <mfresh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:34:18 +0100

I have a Linksys router running DD-WRT with OpenVPN running on it.

I can connect to it from OpenVPNGui on a laptop just fine, but when I try
connecting using a laptop running OpenVPN on Ubuntu, or from my Nokia N800
with OpenVPN, it won't work properly.

When connecting I get the message:

Peer Connection Initiated with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1194
route: SIOC[ADD | DEL ]RT : Network is unreachable
Error: Linux route add command failed: shell error status 1
Initialization Sequence Complete

My client config is
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port 1194
dev tap
secret static.key
proto udp

The weird thing is this client config works in Windows, but not Linux:
although the connection seems to be made, I can't browse the Internet while
the OpenVPN connection is up.

Any help gratefully received!

Openvpn-users mailing list