Re: [Openvpn-users] Unable to change port number for Openvpn server 2.0.9.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Unable to change port number for Openvpn server 2.0.9.
  • From: "Tim Clashin" <tim_clashin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:47:09 -0500

Here's is the server conf file.  Works with port 1194, but not port 2001.

local 63.96.130.26
port 2001
proto udp
dev tun
;dev-node MyTap
ca /etc/openvpn/keys/ca.crt
cert /etc/openvpn/keys/boxname.crt
key /etc/openvpn/keys/boxname.key  # This file should be kept secret

dh /etc/openvpn/keys/dh1024.pem
server 10.x.x.x 255.255.255.0
ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt
push "route 10.xxx.x.0 255.255.255.0"

client-to-client
keepalive 10 120
comp-lzo
persist-key
persist-tun
status openvpn-status.log

Here's is the client.conf, which again works with port 1194, but not port 2001.

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote 63.96.130.26 2001
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo

thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

Tim