Re: [Openvpn-users] unable to ping from LAN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] unable to ping from LAN
  • From: "Allan Swanepoel" <allan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:43:33 +0200

On 9/12/07, David Balazic <David.Balazic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You need correct routing from the source of the ping to the destination. On
> each node in between.
> And then the same ojn the way back (for the ping reply).

Read the server config file. There are some things you may have to
setup, also make sure that when you run:
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
it echos 1 and not 0

I suggest you add a line to your rc.local file that reads:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

--------
I am convinced that computer viruses are not evil and that
programmers have a right to create them, to possess them and to
experiment with them . . . truth seekers and wise men have been per-
secuted by powerful idiots in every age . . .  ́
                                              '
                                                Mark A. Ludwig