[Openvpn-users] Unable to change port number for Openvpn server 2.0.9.

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Unable to change port number for Openvpn server 2.0.9.
  • From: "Tim Clashin" <tim_clashin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:53:46 -0500

Hello,

We have been able to install and deploy openvpn server to client for one subnet
successfully.

Our problem that we have ran into now is, we would like to add multiple subnets
on one server.  We have read thru the documentation and the archives that in
order to do this, we need to run multiple openvpn server instances with
different port numbers in each instance.

At this point right now, we are unable to change the default UDP port number
1194 to any other port number.  We have changed the port number in the
server.conf, and client.conf file, but when test it, the port is still being
bind to 1194.

We built openvpn from source, and below are our conf. files.

Any help or direction to an archive we missed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim