Re: [Openvpn-users] The throughput of the OpenVPN can be limited?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] The throughput of the OpenVPN can be limited?
  • From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:06:28 -0300

Prasanna Krishnamoorthy escreveu:
On 9/11/07, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
     But notice, altough undocumented in 'man openvpn' for 2.0.9, the shaper
option is not compatible with 'mode server' mode.
Any idea if shaper works with 'mode server' in 2.1.0? If it doesn't
any idea of the effort required? I'd be interested in either an
overall outgoing limit, or a per-destination outgoing limit.

   from options.c from openvpn-2.1-rc4:

     if (options->shaper)
       msg (M_USAGE, "--shaper cannot be used with --mode server");

an overall outgoing limit could be acchieved using OS level bandwidth controlling, just like cbq/htb on Linux machines. I dont know, unfortunelly, how you could acchieve that on windows, but i really believe it's possible.

per-destination outgoing limit would really requires shaper to be compatible with 'mode server', which is not on the most actual version.

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues
	Solutti Tecnologia

	My SPAMTRAP, do not email it