Re: [Openvpn-users] Access to client-side subnet via routed VPN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Access to client-side subnet via routed VPN
  • From: "Daniel L. Miller" <dmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:42:54 -0700

Erich Titl wrote:
> Daniel
> Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>> It seems I've gotten my server-side network down - now I need some help
>> getting the client-side working.
>> I have a routed VPN, and I'm trying to access the client's LAN from the
>> server.  The VPN client is NOT a router or gateway for the LAN - just a
>> Windows XP workstation.
>> The remote network is, the remote IP is
>> I have created a client-config-dir entry for the remote client, and added:
>> iroute
>> In the server config, I have:
>> route
>> I can ping the VPN client LAN IP ( - but not the rest of the
>> remote network.  What step did I miss?
> If the remote IP is the OpenVPN Tunnel endpoint, then you have an
> address conflict, else give us more details, ascii art helps.
The VPN uses the network.  The VPN server, on tun0, is  The VPN client is
The VPN server exists on its LAN as
The remote client has a remote LAN address of  I'm trying to
reach through the VPN.
> Use tcpdump to follow the packet trail.
I have tcpdump - but I don't know how to use it.  Do I run it on the
server ('cuz if I need to run on the client - I need something Windoze
OpenVPN mailing lists