Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridging two tap Interfaces

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridging two tap Interfaces
  • From: "Dave" <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:40:37 -0500

> is it possible to bridge two tap interfaces?
> I´ve tried the following:
> Server:
> - br0 bridges tap0 and tap1
> >brctl show br0
> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> br0             8000.965a950332fc       no              tap1
>                                                         tap0

I run a setup with a bridge of 2 tap devices, and it works happily.  My need
is that I run two openvpn instances, one for TCP and one for UDP, and they
are both bridged to the eth0 adapter.  I mention this because I notice you
don't have eth0 in your bridge but maybe you do this so that the VPN makes
some sort of private network separate from your lan?

Also, iptables works at layer 3; a similar thing relevant for leyer 2 (e.g.
bridges) is ebtables.  I haven't used it so I can't really comment further.

Openvpn-users mailing list