[Openvpn-users] How to roll out clients to windows users easily?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] How to roll out clients to windows users easily?
  • From: "Matthew Wilson" <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:56:34 -0400

I installed an openvpn server last night and made public and private keys and certs for the server and for a user account.

To set up a connection from my windows box, I did this:

1. I copied the server cert and the user account private key and cert to my windows box.

2. I installed the windows openvpn gui.

3. I wrote a client config file.

It all works perfectly.  Which is wonderful.  I just right-click on the doodad on my systray and the connection begins. Maybe later I'll learn how to prompt with a password.

Anyhow, I want other people in my office to use this system and I think the steps involved might be too much for nontechnical staff.

Is there some cute way I can do all this client-side set up very easily?

All general comments about how to use VPNs with non-technical people are welcome.

Also, I just want to say that openvpn is a fantastic product.