[Openvpn-users] [repost] I can connect but cant ping or see the server

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] [repost] I can connect but cant ping or see the server
  • From: "Michael Martone" <michael.martone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:52:46 -0400

Title: Message
I am using OpenVPN on Windows servers and clients.

When I was local (i.e. on the same switch) I was able to connect to and ping my OpenVPN server from my laptop (client).
When I got home OpenVPN shows me as connected but I could not ping the server or anything else (get to webserver etc)

I have opened port 1194 in both directions at both locations.

I added a static route at the server end that sends all traffic to and from the 10.net to the server's local subnet 192.x.y.z.

Do I need to have a route statement on the client end?

What else could be the problem...
Thanks!

Mike