Re: [Openvpn-users] Load balanced vpn

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Load balanced vpn
  • From: Markus Feilner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 16:01:16 +0200

On Friday 31 August 2007 17:04:09 Siim Põder wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Klaus Thielking-Riechert wrote:
> > IMHO the intention has been that you will have an automatic failover for
> > the connection of the two Linux boxes running openvpn.
> >
> > I suggested using a routing protocol as one (of the many!) possible
> > solution. The setup might look like this:
>
> This is a bit of an overkill for two-tunnel failover though, don't you
> think?
>
> The original idea of using ping should be fine (make sure it binds to
> the right tunnel interface). You probably don't need to code anything
> and can get away with a simple shell script.
>
> Siim

Hi Siim,

I think you are right, this is definitively the simplest solution, I just
wanted to point out that openvpn can also be clustered with the help of
heartbeat, and that port-based-routing over two lines is very handy.
Have a nice week!
:-)

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner