Re: [Openvpn-users] TCP & UDP selectable from config file?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] TCP & UDP selectable from config file?
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:55:17 +0200

Miguel Dilaj wrote:

> I have a scenario where I must use TCP some times (when connecting from
> networks where UDP is blocked), but would like to enjoy UDP most of the
> time (for example when connecting from home).
> One option is to have a separate server using UDP, and a separate client
> config file pointing to that server also using UDP.
> However I would like to know if there is a chance of having servers
> listening on both TCP & UDP, and use the corresponding client config
> file (for example "openvpn-tcp" and "openvpn-udp") when connecting.

Just run two instances of the openvpn daemon on your server. One
listening on a TCP socket and one on a UDP socket. You will also need
two diffrent tun or tap interfaces on the server, one for each OpenVPN
daemon, but that is usually not a problem.

Then have two client configs just like you said. Thats exatcly the setup
I'm using on multiple sites.
OpenVPN mailing lists