[Openvpn-users] TCP & UDP selectable from config file?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] TCP & UDP selectable from config file?
  • From: Miguel Dilaj <miguel.dilaj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:29:14 -0300

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I must use TCP some times (when connecting from
networks where UDP is blocked), but would like to enjoy UDP most of the
time (for example when connecting from home).
One option is to have a separate server using UDP, and a separate client
config file pointing to that server also using UDP.
However I would like to know if there is a chance of having servers
listening on both TCP & UDP, and use the corresponding client config
file (for example "openvpn-tcp" and "openvpn-udp") when connecting.
The product (I'm using latest 2.0.x) is rock solid, congratulations to
the developers!
Regards,

Miguel