Re: [Openvpn-users] Possible routing problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Possible routing problem
  • From: "Daniel L. Miller" <dmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:36:47 -0700

Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> OK - I initially didn't think it would matter, since the server can
> communicate with the client.  I'm trying to compile that information now.
>
> I did notice that on the workstation not working, there is both the
> 10.2.1.0 VPN, and a 10.4.something network (which is that workstation's
> default gateway).  Would there be a conflict there?

I've been thinking this one over.  The working client also has a bridged
interface in place to the server - that's the difference.  So the bridge
must be assisting the communication.

Are there some adjustments, possibly iptables, that I need to make on
the server so a workstation on the eth0-192.168.0.x  network can reach
the tun0-172.27.x.x network?  The basic routing table is already in
place on the server, since server to VPN client communication is not a
problem.