[Openvpn-users] I can connect but cant ping

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] I can connect but cant ping
  • From: Michael Martone <michael.martone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:04:37 -0400

Title: Message
I was able to connect and ping to my OpenVPN server from my laptop (client) while on the same network switch.
When I got home I can connect but not ping or anything else.

I have opened port 1194 in both directions at both locations.

I added a static route at the server end that sends all traffic to and from the 10.net to the server 192.x.y.z.

Do I need to have a route statement on the client end?

What else could be the problem...
Thanks!