Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.1rc4 for over 4 months?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.1rc4 for over 4 months?
  • From: Markus Feilner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:40:37 +0200

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 13:47:36 Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Anyone know why 2.1rc4 has been stagnant for over 4 months?  If there
> have been no meaningful bug reports in those 4 months -- enough to
> warrant rc5, why not just release it!
> The webpage seems a little stale too.  "What's New"'s most recent entry
> is 2006.10.01.  Nearly a year old.
> And indeed, the openvpn-devel archive seems to stop in April 2007 as
> well.  Oh, but openvpn-users is not archived beyond 2007-04 either.
> Looks like somebody (at openvpn.net) is asleep at the wheel.  Probably
> the same person who makes releases?
> Fortunately the gmane archive seems to be up to date.
> What do we have to do to get openvpn.net to "wake up"?
> Sadly as well, there is not "commits" mailing list either.  Nor a
> "viewcvs" or bonsai type interface to the SVN repo.
> b.

Hi Brian,
the archive matter seems to be something different, I know nothing about that.

But there is quite some traffic on openvpn-users, thus there is definitely an
high interest in the software.

However, James answered (I guess last week?) to some similar mails, and
explained the matter in the thread "Openvpn 2.1?" on openvpn-users.
The only thing the developers seem to wait for is the vista-support, but there
are also some mails around from people who are usign 2.1 rc4 and are very
content with its stability.

Perhaps contribution to the development is needed?

I'm no programmer, sorry. :-)

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner
OpenVPN mailing lists